you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Hilja Lindholm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Year: I started my third year.

Major: Theology/The study of religions

Hometown: Helsinki

Relationship status: I am in a relationship.

Interests: All kinds of sports from soccer to snowboarding, and traveling

You recently moved to Lapland. Why is that?

I love to try new things out. The main point was/is my partner, who is studying here at the Lapland University of Applied Sciences. The school sounded good to me so I made an entrance exam for Social Services and got in.

What are your plans now? Will you still continue your studies at the University of Helsinki?

I will continue my studies at the University of Helsinki but I don’t have an exact plan when that will be. Now, with the two different kind of studies, I try to mix and unite those together.

What’s your favorite book and why?

Astrid Lindgren’s The Children of Noisy Village. The story is very homey for me. Warm and lovely.

If you had time to travel more, where would you go?

I try to travel, but yes, time is always against us. I would love to travel to the north of Norway… or to Iceland.

Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

Before I would have said from Kallio or home, but now I’m going to say from Kukko, home or just studying!

Who is your role model?

All these super women: Mom, grandma, my girlfriend, sister, aunts…

Name three things that you are thankful for today.

Freedom, health and education.

What is the best advice you have ever been given?

Be yourself.

An English Philology major and a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Helsinki. In addition to Her Campus, I love good food, travelling, politics and cute dresses. My real passion is cookbooks, which I own way too many, and some day I would love to write one myself.