Campus Cutie: Henna Hämäläinen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Year: 6th

Hometown: Espoo

Major: English Philology

Hobbies: no real hobbies except for reading and the occasional attempted sports

What is your favorite thing to do after an exam?

Relaxing with a glass of wine and some good company… and binge watch all the shows I missed because of the exam.

If you were a drink, what drink would you be?

Flavored black tea. Usually strawberry-flavored, always with honey, and, during the flu season, with a drop of rum.

Who is your biggest inspiration?

My parents. They are the smartest, funniest, and kindest people I know, and if I grow up to be half as awesome as they are, I’ll consider myself a success.

What is your spirit animal?

I’m not an animal expert (I’m pretty allergic, so I try to keep my distance), but definitely something small and furry!

Describe the perfect afternoon.

The kind where I’ve already done all my chores for the day and can just kick back and relax with my boyfriend, watch movies, play video games, cook together, enjoy good wine and food (I’m a terrible cook but thankfully, he’s a professional one) and curl up under a blanket.

What would be your future dream job?

My absolute dream job would be to teach literature at a university, but I have no idea how to pursue that, so it’s the same sort of future dream job as when I say I’d like to be the next J.K. Rowling.

What’s your favorite movie of all time?

I honestly can’t decide! But there’s a very good chance that it’s a Disney.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.