Behind the Scenes: Her Campus Helsinki Staff Meeting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

We managed to clear our busy schedules this week for a little staff meeting: we headed to Iguana in Kaisaniemi, which is slowly but surely becoming our regular hangout (I know Kaisla is the preferred option for us University of Helsinki students, but it’s just a bit too pricey and crowded for our purposes).

Naturally, we always have to grab our coffees before getting down to business. I think us collegiettes pretty much run on caffeine…

We had a lot to go through in this meeting: the main points were pouring over our Her Campus Survival Kits, planning our soon-to-be bake sale, and talking about our social media goals and the future of our chapter.

(Check out the new official note-taking Her Campus pen!)

Pinja and Lyra have been major contributors in our team and we still stayed behind to enjoy a little girl talk (okay, gradu and webzine writing talk) after the meeting finished. There’s nothing better than having quick, fruitful and efficient meetings that still don’t feel like work but rather are a fun addition to our normal schedules.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.