7 Indoor Activities for When It’s Too Cold Outside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

We all need a little break from school work, but what if the weekends are too cold for going outside? Don’t worry, here we have tips for strictly indoor activities:

1. Movie marathon: it’s a classic for a reason. Cuddle up with your significant other or your friends and take a trip to France with Midnight in Paris or to Neverland with Peter Pan.

2. Food party: nothing takes your mind off the winter weather like some warm, delicious food. Everyone can cook their signature dish!

3. Game night: hold a traditional game night with board games. You can make everyone bring a different game that they can teach to the rest of the guests.

4. Writing: we all have those essays that need to be done. Or, if you want to use your imagination, write stories or poems. Glass of wine, pen and paper – romantic, no?

5. Reading: whether it’s school books or holiday reading, it’ll take you to faraway places where you can avoid the cold.

6. Learn to cook: it’s never too late to learn to make new, exciting dishes.

7. Send out those job applications: you know, those ones that have been waiting for two months and somehow never got done.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.