Back To School Fashion Hub R1 Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Back To School Fashion Hub R1 Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Style > Fashion

5 Back To School Autumn Trend Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

No more sweatpants during Zoom lectures for students beginning in-person classes. Thus, ’tis time to dress up and go. We’ve gathered 5 timeless autumn trends that make you feel more confident and comfortable to begin the new semester and step into the facilities of your dear old campus!

1. Weather Sweater

Classic, retro and colourful knits are the absolute must-have for the season. Winter is coming – don’t you worry about that for a second. Never mind the wind either!

2. Stripes everywhere

The more, the better in every direction. Whether you fancy minimalism or an abstract work of art, this autumn look is for everyone!  

girl hair blazer professional
Hannah Bettis / Her Campus

3. All flowers won’t shrivel 

You can blossom through all seasons! Florals are a go-go, step up and dance with the dry leaves. The more colourful the better! 

4. Layer Slayer

One, two, three, you name it! Combine it all! Not only are layers killing it this season but also a woman’s best friend when we go closer to the degrees below 0.

5. Oversized jackets wrap up the package

Hurrah, they’re still a thing! No matter the amount of the layers underneath, they still fit! Finish your look with a hip, super comfy coat!

Anna Schultz-Girl In Bomber Jacket With Rings Black And White
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

These should have you covered (literally, we wish that you feel warm and comfortable no matter the weather). Now, let’s hit the shops and dig in (or simply check what we have in our wardrobes, it’s clearly been a while). 

Helsinki Contributor