This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

To quote Chef Gusteau from Ratatouille, “anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be writers for Her Campus Hawaii.” Her Campus is an online publication that targets female college students. Here at Her Campus Hawaii, we are one of several hundred chapters that exist on college campuses internationally. We are a small, but mighty, team looking for more students to join us who are as passionate about writing as we are. Not convinced? Let me give you a few more reasons to write for us below.

You have the freedom to write about whatever topic you want

The only requirement is that you write for the female college student demographic. Past articles that were written covered fitness, things to do on Oahu, relationship advice, Netflix recommendations, and how to travel while you’re a broke college student. The sky is the limit! Scroll through our page to see more of our content.  

Writing for Her Campus Hawaii looks good on your resume

At some point, we throw our graduation caps into the air and are forced into the *shivers* real world. Writing for an internationally-recognized online magazine should set you apart from your fellow job competitors.  

Speaking of resumes, we offer internship credit

It’s true! Internship credit applications are due in early October, so what are you waiting for?!

We can also offer friendship

The main reason I started getting involved on campus was to make friends! I’m from California and moving to Hawaii for college was a huge adjustment for me. I wouldn’t be here today without the friends I’ve made through joining clubs like Her Campus Hawaii.  

You also have the opportunity to be a leader

Do you want to eventually be the leader of a club on campus? We want members with fresh ideas, so we can continue to be a club on campus for years to come.

FREE STUFF

You heard me. Her Campus puts together survival kits during various times in the school year, which contain products from Her Campus sponsors. In the past, we’ve received makeup, skincare products, hair care products, and so much more. Brands we’ve worked with include Innisfree, Verb, Alba Botanica, Extra Gum, and Buxom. 

Are you still not convinced? Drop by one of our meetings! We meet bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 5:30 in Campus Center. Please email hawaii@hercampus.com for more information or if you have any questions. 

Avery Nueva is currently a candidate for a B.A. Communications degree at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She is also pursuing a certificate in Travel Industry Management. Originally from Southern California, Avery has found a second home here at UH Manoa. In addition to being a Correspondent for Her Campus Hawaii, she served as the Vice President of Recruitment and President of the Panhellenic Council. She is a member of the Delta Sigma chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta and the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she is not out getting boba or sushi with friends, Avery loves to explore all that Hawaii has to offer.
Hawaii Contributor Account