The Round Sunglasses Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

The retro round sunnies are making a come back from the hippies days to our generation. They are a statement piece that is not only eye catching but is a great accent to your outfit as well. Be careful when choosing a round sunnie, because not all of them fit everyone’s faces. 

These are the classic retro style sunnies. They range from the classic brown color to black, reflective, rainbow reflective, and smokey black clear. The rims color will also vary as well.

These sunnies have thicker rims, which give a different vibe and feel to your look. Usually with thicker rims the frames are bigger as well.

If you want to go with a bolder look these round sunnies with phrases around them are perfect to stand out from the crowd.

Another style that is unique but still stays true to the “round sunnies” style is the cat eye sunnies. They are a twist to the original sunnies with the accent at the corners. They can give any girl a fierce look.

These are only a few styles of the round sunnies. There are many different kinds of styles and colors, you just have to look and find the right sunnies for you. Be sure to try them on and see what shape fits your face best!

Where you can get them:

Forever21 and H&M have a lot of varieties but if you’re looking for a steal sunglassspot.com sells every pair for $5! Another great site is shopzerouv.com where sunglasses range from about $10! 

Sydney Paderna Born from Oakland,CA Currently 21 years old and proud student of UH Manoa Studying Sports Psychology but fashion is my passion! Instagram: ix33sydney Tumblr: ix33sydney
Hawaii Contributor Account