Meet Skater Extraordinaire, Rollin Ritter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

If you are ever near the Architecture Building, there’s a chance you’ve spotted the handsome Rollin Ritter hanging out and skating around. Too shy to approach the smiling cutie? Read all about him below instead. 

Hometown: San Ramon, California

Age: 21

Major: Architecture, Minor: Spanish

Nationality: German and Irish

Relationship status: Single

What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to, and why?

After high school, I went to Barcelona with my brother, who lives in England, and I loved the whole city: the architecture, the culture and the people. There’s really good nightlife and it’s on the Mediterranean. I want to live there at some point in my life.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Skateboard, slack line, sketch and go to the beach. But I don’t have free time because I’m always in the architecture studio.

How do you like girls to approach you?

With a smile. A girl has to have a good smile.

Do you like to workout?

I like to workout but I don’t go to gyms anymore. I’d rather just go outside and go on a hike, or slack line.

What do you look for in a girl?

I look for somebody I can have a conversation with, a nice smile, and someone who will go outside and go on adventures with me.

What’s a major turn-off?

Negativity and when girls complain all the time.

What turns you on?

Confidence and intelligence. Kissing my neck…tying me to the bed (laughs). 

What makes you laugh?

Stupid jokes. I like puns.

What type of music strikes an emotional chord for you, and why?

I like The Strokes, The Arctic Monkeys, and The Black Keys because I like to play their songs on guitar. I like indie music and anything that’s not on the radio.

Is there anything you’d like to say to potential valentines out there?

I don’t really like Valentine’s Day. If I had a girlfriend that was into it, it’d be different. But I’d rather ignore fake holidays like that.

Alaskan grown, this collegiette studies Communications, Sociology, and Japanese at the University of Hawai'i. She has a passion for music, a recently rekindled love of writing, and truly believes there is nothing better than the four B's: books, boys, booze, and the beach.
Sammi Baum is a 21 year old journalist working to inspire the masses with her words. Baum is Taiwanese-German, a journalism major with an emphasis in English and Italian, a curvy women advocate, a gamer girl, and a low-key fashionista. Currently, she is a junior at the University of Hawaii.