Makeup Struggles: As told by Parks and Rec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

You’ve tried watching the YouTube videos. Your friends have done countless makeovers. You even attempt to apply thy face every morning. For some of us, the makeup struggle will always be real. Although we may not have the magic touch, our friends at “Parks and Recreation” are here for us no matter what.

Right Ron?

1. When your face begins to break out, but you can’t hide the blemishes to save your life.

Maybe it’s because I’m buying the cheap drugstore makeup, or maybe it’s just because I don’t have the magic to cover those pesky pimples. Me too Andy, me too.

2. Trying to do your eyeliner, but then failing miserably.

No, hand, please stop shaking so that I can get a straight line.

3. Then trying to fix said eyeliner.

Well now it just looks like I have a black eye. Everything is fine *twitch*.

4. And finally, you just leave the house with uneven eyeliner, or no eyeliner at all.Alright, well I guess this is as good as it’s going to get. Is it normal to be sweating rn?

5.When you realize that you’ve been using the wrong brush.

“Isn’t that brush for foundation? Not eye shadow?”

6. Going to look at high end products then realizing you’re not good enough at makeup to spend that much.

Typically when you’re not great at doing makeup, you tend to go for the drug store products rather than the expensive ones. But hey, go ahead and treat yo self! COULD THIS BE THE FIRST STEP IN LEARNING THE WAYS??

7. When someone compliments your poorly done makeup.

Not sure if they’re lying, or trying to get something from me, but I’ll take the compliment anyway.

8. Trying to contour your face.

But instead, you just look like a really tan clown.

9. Your friends who are really great at makeup.

Obviously mine is looking like a creative infant.

10. Not understanding the sorcery that is “doing” your eyebrows.

How does Ben have better brows than me?

11. You have a standard makeup routine that takes minimal time.

It consists of mascara, some foundation, and maybe even some eye shadow. And since we have all that extra time, we must have money, power, pizza, and knowledge, right? Sounds like a win to me!

12. And when you do a good job with your makeup.. you feel like a rock star.

Make sure to take tons of selfies to remember the moment!

Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!
Shiina LoSciuto is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa studying journalism and communications. She someday hopes to be a TV talk show host, as well as become BFFs with Taylor Swift. In her free time she is taking naps or obsessing over the show Scandal.