This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Single for Valentines Day? Hop aboard the train! Instead of being bitter, embrace your single-ness and surround yourself with your girlfriends because who needs boys anyways? Not to be all cheesy or whatever but personally, I think it’s incredible that we have one day out of the entire year to celebrate the ones we love.

Welcome to my crash course “Galentine’s Day 2020”

So first, let’s think about the vibe we want to go for. Instead of “solo sad girl” let’s make it “independent bad chicks”- lingerie theme usually works best. If you aren’t feeling up to that, PJ’s are probably the second best option because you know, comfy.

After choosing the mood for the night, think about decor. Target always has cute pieces on a budget which work great for party favors. Pick up some banners, balloons, reusable glasses, and props for photos.

Next, you have to choose a signature cocktail which is on brand. Obviously, the color scheme for Galentine’s day has to be pinks, reds, purples and white. This can lead to an endless of opportunities such as rosé, red wine, spiked pink lemonade, champagne with strawberries, lavender martinis; you get the picture. 

Harry Styles Martini
Giphy
Now let’s talk about activities! You’re going to want to do the typical “girly” things like face masks, watch love movies, paint nails, stuff your face with pizza + snacks, and have lots and lots of girl talk. To spice things up, make chocolate covered strawberries together, do the arts & crafts you’ve been eyeing on Pinterest, play board games designed for girls nights and take a whole bunch of polaroids for the mems!!

Finally, to wind down the night, the slumber part is the best. Light some candles, crank your AC up or open your windows, bring out blankets and pillows galore and snuggle up to one another. 

Valentine’s day is overrated, Galentine’s day is where it’s at! I hope you all enjoy a full night of friends, fun, laughter & much needed girls time.

Gif of Patrick from Spongebob saying I love you.
Giphy

Edna is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She is majoring in Travel Industry Management with an emphasis in Hospitality management. She aspires to be an event planner specializing in weddings. She loves dogs, the sunshine, exploring the island, and trying all kinds of new foods.