This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

One of my favorite parts about the holidays are the Christmas movies (don’t even get me started on Hallmark). So, I combined two of my favorite things: Christmas movies and the enneagram. With so many movies to choose from it can be impossible to pick one that will suit you. I’ve shortened it down to one that will fit your personality and enneagram needs. From The Grinch to Elf, you’ll see yourself relating to some of these cherished characters in a new perspective. Grab a hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies, sit by the fireplace and enjoy! 

Type 1: Miracle on the 34th Street

If you’re a reformer, this Christmas movie is perfect for a cozy night in. Type ones stick to ethics and know what is right and wrong while trying to justify their thoughts… So you’ll probably find yourself relating to the characters in this movie as they are told the unbelievable; that Mr. Kringle is actually Santa Claus. After performing as Santa in the annual Thanksgiving Day parade, Mr. Kringle starts appearing at local chain stores as Santa, claiming he really is Santa. Eventually leading to a court case to determine the truth, you’ll definitely find attributes of type 1 in this movie.

Type 2: Love Actually

The helper is known as generous, sincere, and flattering with one basic desire: to feel loved. You’re a caregiver! If you’ve seen Love Actually you definitely know what I’m talking about. This movie shows nine intertwined stories that explores love, the emotion that twos desire to feel. At a type twos best, you’ll give unconditional love to everyone (including yourself) and express that in a healthy way. 

Type 3: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

As an achiever, you desire to feel valuable and are driven, success-oriented, and adaptable. Great, right? But you can also care too much about what others think of you. What other Christmas character screams type three besides Rudolph? Rudolph is constantly trying to achieve success and prove to everyone that he can light up the way for Santa. He cared a lot about what the other reindeers thought of him and feared failure. He eventually proved himself, but it took a journey and a lot of lessons to get himself there. 

Type 4: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

The individualist is known as introspective, expressive, and creative. In this popular Christmas movie this is clearly shown! Clark Griswald creates a new world in the creative Christmas display he creates in his home for all to see. In other words, he transforms Christmas experiences into a work of art. If you’re a type four then your favorite Christmas experience is probably experiencing the somewhat artistic Christmas lights in your neighborhood and city. You’ll get that exact experience in this movie right from your couch. 

Type 5: The Grinch

While investigators are isolated, secretive, and focused on themselves, they are also scared of being useless and at their very worst, self-destructive. Remind you of anyone? If you’re an investigator then this is the perfect Christmas movie for you. At their best, type fives can see the world in a completely different way from the rest of us. Take a break from the world, sit down with a cup of hot chocolate, and tune in for a different perspective- even if it comes from an unlikely green guy. 

Type 6: Home Alone

As a loyalist, you’ll probably find yourself relating to Kevin throughout this world favorite Christmas movie. The loyalist is security-oriented and anxious with their basic fear being without guidance. Kevin put a lot of hard work into protecting his home on Christmas Eve and desires to have security and support from his family. He soon learns that the safety that his family does provide him can be easily taken away and learns how to protect himself. 

Type 7: Elf

If you’re an enthusiastic then you can 100% relate to this movie. As a type seven, you are lively, extroverted, and playful. Buddy is the perfect Christmas type seven character! This movie is full of magic and joy from the start to end. Buddy is an artist, acquistive, and has an unheard of enthusiasm for the world. While everything gets Buddy excited, he also experiences the basic fear of deprivement. that many sevens experience.

Type 8: Die Hard

The challenger is known as strong, resourceful, and powerful- they won’t back down. If you’re a type eight, you might catch yourself planning your Christmas events with specific plans. Now, this action movie might not scream Christmas to you, but hear me out. John McClane won’t let anything ruin his Christmas plans, wanting to have control over his life and holiday plans. When he finds himself in the middle of a terrorist attack he realizes that he must take initiative to save the hostages… which is very type 8, if you ask me! 

Type 9: While You Were Sleeping

If you’re a peacemaker then you will probably find yourself relating to the lonely but loyal Lucy Moderatz. As a type 9, you are trusting, supportive, and desire to have harmony and “peace of mind.” When Lucy’s crush, Peter, goes into a coma everything changes for her. With innocent intentions she pretends to be his fiancé in order to create harmony within his family. As a peacemaker, Lucy did what she could to avoid conflict. 

Hawaii Contributor Account