Campus Celebrity: Treyvon “The-Revolution” Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Whether you’ve heard his music or not, Treyvon Love is a recognizable name and face amongst the student body at the University of Hawaii. Soon, Love is going to be known all over the aina with the release of his first ever album, “The Balance of the Universe.” 

The album release is something the solo artist has dreamed of doing ever since he got started two years ago in Kaneohe. Love would travel an hour and a half via Da Bus to get to Boardriders Bar & Grill just so he could perform. “I really felt like music was my journey,” he says. “I started making music that people started to like; I got to the point where I had enough music to where I could go out and see about performing and try and get my stage legs under me in terms of hip-hop music.” 

Although two years seems like a short amount of time, Love has branched out as much as possible to get experience and his name out. He has already performed at venues like Aloha Towers, The Villa, The Loft, Hawaiian Brian’s, a few military bases, and several other places around Waikiki and Chinatown. 

“One of the best shows I’ve had was a show at The Loft in Chinatown,” he says. “The turnout wasn’t that big, but I had people there that were actual fans, and they were in it, and the crowd hype was amazing; it’s really cool seeing your friends enjoy the music that you make.”

Love’s music can be described as the future, according to the artist. He does claim to be hip-hop, but his producer, Kazz Flo, does it in a different way by making melodies out of the bass. “[It’s] very spacey, very much like Kid Cudi in terms of the sound,” he says. “Everything that I say has to have a message behind it; why not make a change in the world and show people that positive music can come from hip-hop.”

To listen to Love’s music, you can check him out on Reverbnation and Sound Cloud. “The Balance of the Universe” will be released on May 3rd, with an album release party at Hawaiian Brian’s from 9 p.m. – 2 a.m. Tickets are $15 with a free copy of the album. If you want to have a good time with good people and good music, do not miss this event!

“Make the music that you want to make, and if other people enjoy it, then great, if not, at least you enjoy it.”

Sammi Baum is a 21 year old journalist working to inspire the masses with her words. Baum is Taiwanese-German, a journalism major with an emphasis in English and Italian, a curvy women advocate, a gamer girl, and a low-key fashionista. Currently, she is a junior at the University of Hawaii.