etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Brenda Clerk: A Constant Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.
If you’ve been to a raging, on-campus party, chances are you’ve bumped shoulders with this week’s campus cutie, Brenda Clerk. She is known for her love affair with Captain Morgan, passion for sports, and for throwing a party you won’t forget. Here’s what she had to say:

Name: Brenda Felisha Clerk

Age: 22

Major: Communicology

Relationship Status: Single

Why UH?
I actually transferred into UH Manoa after I graduated from Hawaii Community College on Big Island with a liberal arts degree. I decided to come to UHM just because I’m from a small city where everybody knows everybody. I wanted to take a small step into a larger city before going to the mainland. I also heard such good things about the communicology and communications department so I really wanted to check them out.

What’s your drink?
If I had to choose….I call it my BF: Captain Morgan and Pepsi. I swear if he was a real person I’d marry him.

How do you like to be approached?
I really love meeting new people so I like to meet people who are outgoing and friendly. They have to have good humor so if they use a joke, I like that. I’m a big sports fan so if I’m watching the Sports Channel and someone pops in and we start going full detail, I really like that. I’m very open so it’s really easy to approach me. 

Worst pickup line?
Someone actually just used one on me today. I was talking about why I’m single and he said, “I think you were just looking for a hot guy to hookup with, lucky you found me.” No.

Turn ons/turn offs?
Turns ons would be somebody who is very confident and super nice. I do like somebody who’s athletic and loves to have fun. They can’t be shy and they have to be down to be crazy and be able to deal with my friends. That’s a deal breaker.
A turn off is somebody who’s really cocky and full of themselves. I cannot stand people who are bullies or pick on people just for fun.

What made you smile/laugh today?
My roommate wanted to come and see me at work. It’s just funny because everyone says we’re in a  relationship with each other and we both play both roles equally. 

If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring one movie to watch over and over again, what would you bring?
The Avengers. Or Captain America. But if I really had to choose I’d probably take The Avengers.

What is your go-to rainy day activity?
In-bed movie day. If I didn’t have to work today, that would have been exactly what I did. 

Movie night snackage?
Ooh. Snackage of choice would be Red Vines and popcorn with Reese’s Pieces and ling hi powder.

What is your favorite part about Hawaii?
There’s so many different people here from so many different backgrounds and cultures. I just loving meeting new people and getting to know about their history.

What do you do to bring out your adventurous side?
Down a bottle of Captain and then it’s party time. *laughs* I’m pretty adventurous in an every day sense. I randomly want to go do something and it doesn’t make sense at all. So, spur of the moment type of things or Captain Morgan.

What is your greatest fear?
Wow, that’s intense. I would have to say my greatest fear is… I don’t know what it is about being alone or forgotten. I like alone time, but I don’t know how to explain it. It’s been [a fear] since childhood. I’ve always had a fear of somebody forgetting me or leaving and never coming back into my life.

Tell me something that you think sets you apart from everyone else:
What sets me apart from everybody else? I’m always happy, good times, bad times, I just try to roll with the punches and there’s rare times when people will ever catch me without a smile on my face. I think that about my personality sets me apart. And I throw totally awesome parties!
Alaskan grown, this collegiette studies Communications, Sociology, and Japanese at the University of Hawai'i. She has a passion for music, a recently rekindled love of writing, and truly believes there is nothing better than the four B's: books, boys, booze, and the beach.