yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Things To Do To Relax before….FINALS!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

This semester is slowly coming to an end, so that means FINALS are around. the. corner. (dun dun duuun). 

Students all over are probably nightmares at the fact that it is so close, yet sort of so far. Not to worry all we have about 2 weeks until the wave of chaos. For now..here are 5 things that you can do to relax until the chaos occurs: 

YOGA:

These are one of my personal favorites, I have been to a few yoga classes and I fell in love with it the first day I went. This activity helps you to relax and focus on yourself and what you need to relax and avoid stress. One of the places that I go to is called “Power Yoga” on Pi’ikoi St. next to Ala Moana Center. It is a donation based studio and they have different teachers and times for the entire day. If you ever wanted to try it out, you should just GO for it. You WON’T regret it! LINK HERE: 

BEACH:

“The Ocean Heals ALL Wounds.” and in this case it would be our aching stress for the love of school. Just head down to the beach for a couple of hours or all day on the weekend and float in the ocean and let it take away all your worries, or if your not much of a swimmer lay out in the golden sun and breathe in that fresh air. Some students catch the city bus to Waikiki Beach and bring their homework. The vibe at the beach is very compelling to be nothing but happy. 

GYM:

If you are the type of person who likes to sweat out their stress and improving their health, then the gym is the right place for you. UH Manoa provides a wonderful recreation center for students right in the heart of campus center. They provide fun and motivational work-out classes for every part of the body. They also have great work-out equipment if you want to do things on your own. Great atmosphere, great employees! 

OUT FOR THE NIGHT:

Take a night out on the town with a group of friends. Have a nice dinner and movie, or if you are the dancing type of people hit up some clubs and dance the night away, or take some time out to look at wonderful art with a yummy glass of wine. There are some fascinating things that happen in Kaka’ako area with their urban-feeling community, you will probably have a memorable night. 

NETFLIX BINGE:

If you are the opposite of the people who like to go outside, and like to snuggle up with some junk food and a teddy bear or a boyfriend – then NETFLIX BINGE is the best prescription to all your needs! Find a good show like SCANDAL, or a movie like NACHO LIBRE and binge till 3AM. It is the best feeling in the world, when you don’t have school the next day. 

And there you have it. I hope you take these into considerations with two weeks ahead of us before those dreadful finals. Or if YOU have any that you like to do aside from these, let us know! Good Luck! 

Hawaii Contributor Account