5 Netflix Shows to Binge Watch Before the Next Season Comes Out (Part 1)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

We were blessed by Netflix with Squid Games: Season 1, OuterBanks: Season 2, and You: Season 3 this year, but what else is worth bingeing? I’ve listed the top 5 shows I enjoyed that have another season coming out in 2021. You won’t want to miss these!

Locke and key (season 2 – oct 22)

I watched Locke and Key when it came out in early 2020, and I couldn’t get enough of it. It’s one of those supernatural thriller TV shows that keep you on the edge of your seat the entire season. Three children and their mother move into their father’s family house, known as the Keyhouse, after their father was murdered. Right away the children find several keys in the house, but are unsure why they’re important, what they do, or how many keys there are in total. After they discover what some of the keys do, they find out they’re not the only ones after the keys. In Season 2, I hope to see who else is after the keys and why.

tiger king (season 2 – nov 17)

There’s no way you haven’t heard of Tiger King since there were so many TikToks making fun of the relationship between Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin during the pandemic. This show is filmed as a documentary and I’m not sure why, but it’s addicting. The show focuses on the two big cat sanctuaries run by Joe and Carole, who have lots of negative history. Critics have said this documentary is not the “Blackfish” for big cats, yet it still shows the genuine passion Joe and Carole have for the animals.

selling sunsets (season 4 – nov 24)

If you don’t have enough reality TV drama in your life, then this is the show for you. This show focuses on a group of women selling real estate in the Los Angeles market under The Oppenheim Group. Unlike many reality TV shows, you get to see these women actually making business deals and working hard to achieve their goals. It’s also a plus getting to see the nicest homes in California! This is a must see before November 24th!

lost in space (season 3 – dec 1)

If you’re into science fiction TV shows, then this is the one for you. Lost in Space is a show that focuses on a family who is selected to travel into space to live on a new planet called Alpha Centauri. This show has great character development and makes you feel like you’re with them on their journey. If you’re thinking you might want to space travel at some point, then you should definitely binge this show before December 1st to gain the knowledge you’ll need being on another planet!

emily in paris (season 2 – dec 22)

Emily in Paris is one of those rom-com drama TV shows that make you cringe about 50 times during each episode, yet it still keeps you coming back. This show focuses on Emily Cooper, an American, who goes to work in Paris as an intern at a marketing firm. She is incredibly excited to go and thinks it’s going to be the best time of her life, but little does she know the boss is not going to make her life so easy. In addition to her job not being everything she imagined, she also faces the challenges of finding love. I’m not sure what Season 2 has to bring, but it’ll definitely be worth finding out what happens next.

I hope you enjoy these shows as much as I did! There’s nothing better than grabbing a friend, some popcorn, and binge watching an entire season (or two) in one weekend.

Aloha! My name is Keilyn and I am a Graduate Student studying Public Health at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. I enjoy going to the beach, reading mystery books, cooking, and playing with my puppy, Kaiba! I love being on the HER Campus Hawaii Team and sharing my stories!