Havertwins Episode 4: Mary Szymendera and Brianna Groh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

HAVERTWIN [,/hav/ur/twin/] noun – a naturally occurring on-campus phenomenon that occurs when two unrelated haver-hotties act as indistinguishable counterparts.

Ever find yourself fumbling when you make the mistake of unwittingly waving to the wrong half of a Haverduo? But on a campus this small, how many counterparts can there be? Havertwins are more abundant than you’d think… But have no fear the goal of this blog is to make their real identities known. This week’s coupling consists of senior Mary Szymendera and sophomore Brianna Groh.

Misleading mannerisms: These blonde beauties have more than just a pretty face in common. Both of them have been to known to foster some of this campus’s finest freshman contributing to customs this year. Mary has now acted as a Customs Person, Honor Code Orienteer, and Peer Awareness Facilitator while Brie is just wrapping up her first year as a CP… Will she follow in the footsteps of her lookalike? Furthermore, Mary and Brie can both be found working in Stokes, so this up-campus hotspot might be a head-scratcher when trying to tell who’s-who.

So how can you keep them straight?!…

Divulging dispositions: While Mary is an English major, Brie has chosen to major in Economics so study materials can act as a dead give away. If that’s not enough, you can head up to the Career Development Office or over to the Student Activities Office to take a closer look at Mary or Brie respectively.

Hope you find these hints helpful when differentiating between these drop-dead divas!

Check back soon for the next Haverduo!

Charlotte Bax is a Junior at Haverford College and is majoring in History with double-minors in French and Film. She is originally from Santa Monica, California, but has also lived in San Francisco and currently resides in London with her family. Charlotte enjoys cooking, watching movies, going to sports games in Philadelphia. In addition, she enjoys traveling, surfing with her dog Cassie, and skiing during the winter in Solitude, Utah. After college, Charlotte hopes to start her own line of women's sports apparel.