Brittany Stevenson’s perfect…..game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

On Thursday afternoon, Brittany Stevenson recorded the first perfect game in program history over opponent, Gwynedd-Mercy College. Striking out six in the victory, Stevenson pitched her way into Haverford’s record books. Only a sophomore, expect much more to come from number 5! 

Name: Brittany Stevenson
Year: 2014
Major: Psychology
Hometown: Miller Place, NY
Involvement at Haverford: Softball
Best pitch: Curveball

What is your favorite part of being an athlete at Haverford?
 I love being part of a team. There are always a lot of people to support me in and out of the game.

Most memorable moment?
Going 6-0 at the start of the season which broke the program record.

What was going through your head during the last outs of your perfect game?
 I didn’t want to jinx anything so I was just trying to relax and not think too much about it.

5 ultimate pump up songs?
 1.Fireman by Lil Wayne
2.Big Poppa by  Notorious B. I. G.
3.Knock Knock by Mac Miller
4.The Motto by Drake
5. anything Justin Bieber

If you could pitch to any hitter in MLB who would it be? Why?
David Wright. Mainly because I’m a mets fan and he’s my favorite baseball player. It’d be really cool to throw against him.

If your time as an athlete was a sports movie what would it be? Why?
Probably Miracle because this year we are underdogs trying to prove ourselves.

Lauren Gill is in her junior year at Haverford College, majoring in Religion with a concentration in Peace, Justice, and Human Rights. She is from Lewes, Delaware and spent her fall semester abroad in Australia at the University of Melbourne. Lauren is a regular contributor to her college's newspaper, the Bi-College news, writing music and concert reviews. Besides her love for all things music, she also enjoys traveling, reality television, getting her fitness on, and of course, tweeting.