Andrew Fenaroli: Haverford’s Resident DJ

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

Andrew Fenaroli has been a major player in the DJ scene at Haverford since he became a Ford this past August. You can catch him behind the booth at many of the parties around campus. During his free time you can find him hanging out in apartment 34, either jamming out singing and playing the guitar with his roommate, or tucked away in his room working on some new mash-ups. There will definitely be more of him in the coming weeks and throughout his time here at the Ford. Make sure to checkout his work on Youtube and Soundcloud!

Name:Andrew Fenaroli
Class:2015
Hometown:Niskayuna, New York

How and why did you get into Djing?
 I got into DJ-ing after I listened to Girl Talk’s debut album and I thought to myself, “I want to do what this guy does.” So, I got into making mash ups and I have been hooked ever since.

What is you favorite part about being a DJ?
 I love making the people at the party happy and getting them as excited as I am about the music. It’s awesome when people think that I am going to let a song ride out right til’ the end, but then when they least expect it, I transition into a crowd favorite and see their faces light up and they go nuts. It’s really something.

What was the best party you DJed this year?
 I’d have to say either Jungle party or The Landing at Plymouth in 34 basement. Both were super well attended and the energy of the people in the crowd was unbelievable.

Are you working on any original mixes right now?
 I have been busy working on a number of personal projects. I have released two remixes in the last 3 months or so as well as a remix of Drake and Rihanna’s “Take Care” just last week on YouTube and Soundcloud. I am also planning to release a progressive house remix to Gym Class Heroes’ “Ass Back Home” very soon which I am excited about because everyone knows that the chick who sings in that song kills it. As for purely original mixes, I have one in the works that I am hopefully going to release within the first few months of summer.  I am currently working out all of the logistics with the vocalist I plan to feature on the track. It’s super exciting because it will be a project that is completely my own and if people like it, I’ll feel like I accomplished something great.

What are the top five songs on your iTunes right now and what is your all-time favorite song?
 My top five songs in the last few weeks on my iTunes are as follows:
1. Labrinth – Last Time (Gareth Emery Remix)
2. Steve Forte Rio ft. Lindsey Ray (Original Mix)
3. Massive Vibes – Seek (Original Mix)
4. Phish – Farmhouse
5.Kanye West – All of the Lights (Cris Cab Cover)
As for my favorite song of all time, its really tough to answer because I love so many songs and so many different types of music. I think my favorite song is whatever fits the mood I’m in at that time.

As most of us know you are not only a DJ here at the Ford but you are also a member of the men’s varsity lacrosse team. What is your pre-game warmup mix?
 1. Meek Millz ft. Young Chris – House Party
2. Young Jeezy – Just Like That
3. Rick Ross ft. Meek Millz – Work
4. DMX – Where the Hood At?
5. Dada Life – Happy Violence
6. Hardwell – Spaceman
7. Freestylers – Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)

What is one thing most people don’t know about you but you wish they did?
 I wish people knew that upstate New York is not West Chester and not necessarily Rochester or Syracuse either. So essentially, I wish people knew I was from Albany, the true upstate and the capital of the wonderful Empire State that I hail from.

Lauren Gill is in her junior year at Haverford College, majoring in Religion with a concentration in Peace, Justice, and Human Rights. She is from Lewes, Delaware and spent her fall semester abroad in Australia at the University of Melbourne. Lauren is a regular contributor to her college's newspaper, the Bi-College news, writing music and concert reviews. Besides her love for all things music, she also enjoys traveling, reality television, getting her fitness on, and of course, tweeting.