Recipe Book: Quick and Easy Vegetarian Taco Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Every once in a while, it’s nice to take a break from dining hall food and make use of your dorm kitchen. Tacos are a perfect way to make a healthy meal for yourself, your roommates, or your entryway. They are fun and interactive because everyone can assemble her own ingredients to suit her tastes. Adjust the amount of ingredients for the number of people you are serving.

Ingredients:
Flour tortillas (whole wheat is best)
1 can of pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of salsa or taco sauce
1 head of lettuce, spinach, or arugula
Cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
Sour cream
Veggies like chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, celery, and black olives
Chopped cilantro
Optional spices: chili powder, ground cumin, or coriander 

Directions:
1. Fill tortillas with choice of fillings.
2. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 5-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is slightly toasted, about 5-15 minutes. Microwave for a quicker solution.
3. Add sour cream and enjoy!

Megan Prasad is a freshman at Harvard University. She is unsure of what she will be concentrating in but is trying to figure it out! She is from Edmond, Oklahoma, and is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team. In her free time, Prasad enjoys reading Harry Potter, watching How I Met Your Mother, and dancing to Beyonce.