Function Meets Fashion with Dagne Dover

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Shopping for classes is long over, but in my mind, shopping for accessories isn’t. At the start of this new school year, that same compulsion to get a new backpack I’ve felt since kindergarten hit me yet again–but now, as a (somewhat) sophisticated collegiette, that back-to-school urge to shop is directed towards handbags and totes instead of Hello Kitty backpacks.

Satisfying this urge is always a bit of an ordeal. Longchamps are nice, but they fray easily. Tory Burch and Henri Bendel are okay, but just a touch too pricey for this collegiette. And all brands–however luxurious their materials or trendy their design–turn into portable black holes on the inside after a few weeks (okay, days) of use. After years of making-do with my mess of a school bag, I assumed there wasn’t a better way to haul my materials to and from class–until I found that better way.

Harvard, meet Dagne Dover.

Staying true to the Nordic meaning of its first name, “new dawn,” Dagne Dover has ushered in a new era of handbags created by women, for women, to meet organizational needs in style. The brand offers three signature types of bags–The Tote, the Mini Tote, and the Clutch-Wallet–with a focus on functionality for the everyday, active woman. Since its official launch in March 2013, Dagne Dover has consistently sold out due to their attention to organizational detail and subsequent word-of-mouth popularity. Each design has specialized pockets and compartments to sort the usual purse-clutter into a neat, chic, go-to bag for any situation.

[Inside the Mini Tote]

My personal pick was the Mini Tote–it’s not as bulky as a classic tote, but still large enough to meet all of my organizational needs and function as a schoolbag. Included in the bag’s interior are a phone sleeve, 10.5″ padded tablet sleeve, ID Holder, sunglasses pouch, waterbottle sleeve, and two pen (or lipgloss) compartments. On the outside, the classic Dagne Dover blue gives is a perfect pop of color for the transition from summer to fall.

My Dagne Dover has gotten a ton of compliments for its adorable exterior, but its amazingly functional interior makes it a stand-out choice from other bags I’ve carried. For more information on the company, or to purchase your first Dagne bag, visit the official Dagne Dover site. Specialty colors for fall and winter holidays will be arriving soon.