Caitlin Willenbrink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hanover chapter.

Caitlin Willenbrink
Year: Junior
Major: English/Spanish double major
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Relationship status: In a Relationship

Why did you choose Hanover? Hanover gave me sizeable scholarship. I also didn’t want to go to college somewhere where I would feel anonymous.

What are you involved with on campus? I work in the Learning Center as an English and Spanish tutor and at the library. I am a theatre scholar so I make costumes for the plays. I’m also a member of Phi Sigma Iota.

What are your passions? Writing and reading are my passions. I’m also passionate about cleanliness. I am a meticulously clean person.

Who is your favorite author/What is your favorite book? The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera.

Who is your favorite artist? Joanna Newsom

What is your favorite type of music? I like music that sounds like it is from an 80s B movie. I especially like cheesy, electronic music like Twin Shadow. I also really like Blondie and post-punk music.

What are your career ambitions? Immediately after graduating from Hanover, I am planning on applying to be in Americorps. I want to work in a Hispanic community so that I can use my language skills. I’m interested in foreign service, maybe working in an embassy.

What is your dream job? My dream job would be getting paid to travel. I would love to travel anywhere really, but I would really like to go some place totally foreign to myself and write and live life.

What are the characteristics you look for in a guy? I look for a sense of humor and smarts.

What would be your ideal date? My ideal date would be going grocery shopping, buying a lot of food, making dinner and then eating the dinner together.

What is your biggest pet peeve? I really hate the sound of people chewing certain things, especially dairy products.

What is one thing you want to do before graduating on campus and one thing you want to do off campus? Off campus I would like to successfully complete my internship this summer. I’ll be working at a community center in Louisville with hispanic kids. It will be a struggle dealing with children and a language barrier. On campus, I want to write an English IS that is creative and I will be proud of when done.

Carrie Gavit is a freshman English and Spanish double major at Hanover College in Indiana. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Carrie writes for The Triangle, Hanover's newspaper, and creates a bi-monthly newsletter for Hanover's Career Center. This summer she hopes to have two internships in the field of journalism in Indianapolis. After completing college, she plans on moving to a city and working in the field of journalism. When Carrie is not drinking black coffee, running or dancing around in her dorm room, she dreams about living in Spain and writing for Bon Appetit magazine. Being a vegetarian and lactose-intolerant, Carrie believes she can offer a new and unique perspective to the world of food journalism.