This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

YouTube sensation, William Singe, has certainly made a name for himself as a new artist. The 23 year old Australian songwriter, singer, and producer has husky vocals and a smooth style to match his raw talent.  

Singe’s father who is also a musician and bass player was the driving force in William’s musical inclination.  At the peak of his early childhood, Singe was recording tracks right along with his father. Following in his footsteps, he then took his music career to new heights and became 1/5 of the Australian band “The Collective.” The members of this band were also contestants on X Factor Australia (2012). Singe’s memorable performances gave the audience a glimpse of how talented this young artist really is.

This year, Singe decided to branch off and begin his career as a solo artist. He has become one of the most talked about artists on the web, and he certainly has his fans swooning. His recent project released the singles “The Re-Introduction Vol. 1” and “The Jump Off.” His album includes a variety of his own unique RnB covers and mash-ups.

After his steamy rendition of Hotline Bling, Singe might have just set a new record. With his beautiful melodies and his subtle guitar, Singe turns Drizzy’s hit into a beautiful love ballad. Singe has a promising career. He is already in the works of creating his own style while building a loyal fan base.

Make sure you check out his projects!

Kennedy Brooks is a Junior Strategic Communications major from Sacramento, California. She enjoys listening to music, chilling on the beach, and eating Thai food. She wants to pursue a career in Public Relations and Marketing with an emphasis in the music industry. Eventually, she hopes to travel the world and embark on new journeys that come her way. A quote that she lives by is, "Consider becoming the type of energy that no matter where you go, or where you are, you always add value to the spaces and lives of those around you."
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.