This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, time is running out to find the perfect Halloween costume. It can be a hassle trying to find last minute fits because you weren’’t able to order it in time. Are you looking for a way to be cute and spooky, without breaking the bank? Look no further, listed below are my personal top five DIY looks you can easily pull out your closet!

1. A Sexy Kitten

You can never go wrong with being a cat for the night. This is the most convenient and cute option for last-minute costume ideas. All you need is to buy the cat ears and coordinate your clothes to match your ears, and you’re good to go! Very simple and super easy!

2. 90’s Girl

One of my favorite eras are the 90s, specifically, I loved the way women used to dress back then. If you love everything TLC and Salt ‘N’ Peppa, this is the perfect pick for you! Choose your favorite girl group, and pull out some leggings, high socks, a fire windbreaker, and you will be serving everything 90s!

3. Rosie The Riveter

I am always excited when I see people create costumes from iconic figures in history. If you are a girl that is looking to serve up women’s empowerment while you’re out with your friends, Rosie The Riveter is the style for you! This outfit is super easy and very inexpensive to create. The only things you will need are a red bandana, a jean-washed top, and the perfect red lip.  

4. Witch

If you are a big fan of Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town, or Twitches, posing as a witch will be super fun to do. Personally, I used to love dressing up as a witch on Halloween and emulating the celebrities I saw on TV playing those roles. You can choose a little black dress and pair it with the witch hat that you can wear or use as a prop!

5. The Purge

In order to pull off this look, all you need to do is grab a group of your girlfriends to commence the purge! This outfit is extremely simple if you are running super last minute for a costume! Choosing this idea, you can wear a long white button-down or pair black jeans and a bodysuit. If you want to add some spice, be sure to splash fake blood on your clothes!

I hope you ladies can choose a costume from the list so you’ll be able to go that Halloween party that is coming up! Remember to enjoy the festivities while being safe!

Naya is a very outspoken, determined, and confident individual. She is currently studying at Hampton University, where she major's in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. A fun fact about Naya, is that she loves the Sex and The City series, and her favorite character is Carrie! One of Naya's dreams is to be an entertainment publicist as well as opening her own public relations firm. A phrase that Naya lives by derives from 2 Cor. 4:17-18., "This too, Shall pass.". Although life can get dark and discouraging, there are more blessings coming my way.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.