This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As spring break approaches and the festivities are about to begin our pockets will be getting tested. I am from the DMV area so these tips may apply more for my area however these five activities still can be applied and switched up a tad bit to fit into your spring 2020 plans. Here are some of my top five activities to do to have a fun spring break broke b**** style.

1. Movie Night With Friends!

We all love a good binge-watch session with friends, or even watching the bomb movies that you can rent for cheap on your cable box. Gathering some friends and some snacks with a good playlist is the perfect night to rekindle those at home relationships with friends. Just spending some quality time with friends laughing and enjoying each other’s company is some of the best things to do during spring break to catch up with each other and save a few coins as well as an outfit. 

2. Museum/ City trips!

I live two minutes away from Washington D.C. where many museums are free therefore trips into the city are always a great way for me to save some money while home during spring break. Other than spending money to eat at one of the hottest food trucks or even the smartrip to get around the city this is one of the best and most fun ways to spend a day during spring break. All of the Instagram worth photos and fun exhibits you can see from gogo music being played on the side of the street to the Washington monument this is a great city trip broke b**** style.

3. Walks around parks/ Exercise

We all know that spring break is just the preview to summer break where the real bodies are here to show. Do not get me wrong I’m a team thick girl for life however we all love the feeling and looking our best especially during the wearing less and going out more season of summer! During spring break the weather is great so go out for a walk, enjoy some fresh air or even go for a bike ride. Working out is a great form of stress relief and getting the body ready is a great way to spend time during the break as well.

4. Painting/ Arts and crafts

Although my name is Deja Dodson and not Deja Picasso I still enjoy grabbing a paintbrush or markers to draw and planning a cute little sip and paint or mock sip and paint for the 21 under club is fun. Grab a speaker, friends, and hit up the dollar store for all of your painting needs and get to crafting. Find cute photo inspo on google and let the crafting begin, this is a great way to hang with the girls doing something other than scrolling on social media. 

5. Sleeping

The second word in spring break is BREAK! Sleeping/ saying in relaxing is the best way to save money as well as relax from all of the midterm stress the previous week. Spring break is only a week so be sure that you are resting because you have to get back on the campus and get back to grinding to finish the semester off strong because once that break is over no more relaxation time until the year is completely over so stay in and save up.  

Overall whether you are out traveling around the world or staying local at home during your spring break save that money hunny. Also, remember that spring break is a time to have fun and relax so enjoy it no matter what.

Deja Dodson

Hampton U '23

Member of Her Campus Hampton U Chapter. I am a freshman Psychology major currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. Subscribe to my youtube channel: Deja D, and check out my personal self love and motivational blog on Instagram: @Dejadailydose.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!