Red Roses
Red Roses
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Simple and Sexy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Every year the world goes crazy over Valentine’s Day. From the teddy bears and candy to jewelry and lingerie blowout sales. It’s the one day, every year, you’re expected to go above and beyond for that special someone. Above and beyond doesn’t always have to be extremely lavish though. Whether you’re celebrating with a romantic, candlelit dinner or planning a sexy night in, these simple gifts will tell your partner exactly how you feel.

Love Coupons: Love coupons are a fun and creative way to spice things up between you and your Valentine. Each coupon can be “redeemed” for anything you think your partner would love such as a massage, a bubble bath for two or a night of cuddling and movies. These coupons can be purchased in-store, online or you can get creative and make your own. 

Massage Oil: Create a concoction of you and your partner’s favorite scents and turn them into body oil. 

Lingerie: Who doesn’t love a new outfit? Every year around this time, big-name lingerie companies have huge sales which is the perfect excuse to buy some for your special someone. No matter what your budget is, you’ll be able to find the right lingerie for the right person.

Games: If you’re looking to stray away from your typical Valentine’s Day gifts, an adult game is a great option. Not only are you spending time with that special someone, but you also get to try something new in bed. Step outside the box and take your night to a new level. 

Candles: Aside from being great decorations and smelling amazing, candles are a great way to set the mood. They work well surrounding an intimately set dinner table but can also set the ambiance in the bedroom. Keep in mind, candles are a very versatile gift that can be given for any occasion, not just Valentine’s Day.

Wine: Need I say more? 

Romantic Dinner: For the sake of the “holiday” avoid your everyday wing spot and plan a romantic dinner at a gourmet restaurant. You get to have a delicious meal without having to ruin your kitchen. 5-star meals can be a tad bit expensive but feel free to splurge in the name of love. 

Flowers: You can never go wrong when it comes to buying flowers. They are a simple yet romantic way to express your feelings for someone. Not a fan of traditional red roses? Try white roses, tulips or orchids. While they aren’t traditional for V-Day these flowers are still romantic and come in a range of vibrant colors.

T J

Hampton U '23

TJ discovered her love for the writing at a young age after teaching herself to read by age five. Her writing journey started off by writing short stories for school competitions and developed into writing fan fiction in middle and high school for her friends to read. TJ is currently expanded her freelance portfolio and focus on topics related to entertainment, lifestyle and culture.