This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

For decades females have been the ones who get called out for “hiding” behind makeup. In recent years, through the use of youtube and other social media websites, people have shown exactly what makeup can do. Not only does it enhance looks, but it honestly can transform someone’s entire appearance…but once you wipe it all off, reality hits. Although it’s pretty much known that makeup can indeed be deceiving, there is one thing that men use to deceive women all around the world with: a beard.

Now this isn’t the case for everyone, but men tend to look like completely different people when they grow a beard and 9 times out of 10 they look much better  and look like completely different people with one! Beards add edge to a man and gives them more of a manly look that isn’t there when they don’t have one. It wasn’t until recently I realized just how decieving beards can be. Check out some pictures below, what do you think?