matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Think about it. Michelle Obama, queen of healthy eating and first lady to our beloved and ONLY POTUS, Barack Obama, paired with the best, gift giving TV host of all time, Oprah Winfrey, as the leaders of the free world. Name a better dynamic duo than this, I’ll wait.

But on a serious note, let’s recall some moments that would make this duo, unstoppable.

First up, Michelle Obama. As former FLOTUS, she is no stranger to the opinions of the public when it came to how her husband ran the country. But don’t be fooled, Michelle is the queen of responding to haters with elegance and grace.

Not only does former first lady, Michelle Obama, reign with elegance, she also is a strong advocate for children’s health. She put this into action by creating Let’s Move!: America’s Move to Raise a Healthier Generation of Kids. Through this, Michelle has turned a simple White House policy into her passion which is dedicated to solving the problem of obesity.

Next, we have Mrs. Oprah Winfrey. Known for her extravagant gift giveaways on her daytime talk show, to her self owned network and magazine, there is literally nothing this woman can’t do. Oprah left women everywhere floored after her phenomenal speech at the Golden Globes Awards. Oprah shared in her speech the importance and awareness of the #MeToo hashtag.

Winfrey earned a standing ovation after sharing her remarks supporting the women who have come out with their #MeToo stories. She informed listeners that, “speaking your truth is the most valuable tool you have…for too long, women have not been heard or believed if they dared to speak the truth to the power of those men. But their time is up. Their time is up.” Oprah said, in response to the many cases of sexual misconduct being released to the public this year.​

(Source: @williamssatara)

It’s safe to say, if need be, these two women would make a great presidential candidate as team and fans of the two are ready to see them in action. Although a representative of Oprah says it will never happen, we can all dream, right?

Jasmine Kromah is a second year, strategic communications student from Charlotte, NC. She currently attends Hampton University.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.