Fall 2021 Pink and Purple
Fall 2021 Pink and Purple
TikTok / Canva

My Top 5 Beauty Tips I Learned From TikTok

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

TikTok has had a huge influence on this generation and our daily lives. From specific products we may use in the shower, to what we may order at Starbucks, TikTok has changed a lot of our lives. There are so many different topics to learn from and enjoy on TikTok. Some of my favorites happen to be self-care-tok, shower-tok (it sounds strange but I promise the videos are normal), and beauty-tok. I have found several tips for enhancing my body care, skincare, haircare, and makeup routine while scrolling through these sides of TikTok. Now I plan on sharing the top five tips that I learned with you, so you can enhance your different self-care routines. 

1. Apply Vaseline to wherever you spray your perfume at. It enhances the smell and will make it last longer. Also, the best places to spray your perfume are your neck, wrists, chest, back of your knee cap, and your ankles. You are also going to want to dab your perfume into your skin, not rub it in, which makes the smell stay longer.
  2. EXFOLIATE BEFORE YOU SHAVE! It’s best to use a sugar scrub or a coffee scrub with exfoliating gloves. This tip is so important if you’re trying to achieve the most smooth look you can. This will also help you avoid getting ingrown hairs, which are very unhealthy for your body. 
  3. Adding aloe-vera gel into your skin care routine, will help you with dark marks and evening out your skin tone. This will help how your skin appears in the sun, and increase your confidence to wear your bare face.
  4. Stop taking super hot showers and stop washing your face with hot water. It really dries out your skin and will require moisturizing more frequently or longer after a shower. Try taking a warm shower or possibly even a cold one. Taking cold showers has been proven to boost your metabolism. 
  5. Avoid washing your face in the shower if you can. It has been proven that you will collect more bacteria on your face/face brush because of all the germs floating through the air while in the shower. This beats the purpose of cleansing your face. Additionally, the extra heat in the shower can cause irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin. 
Hey, my name is Taliah Muhammad. I am a third year International Studies major on the Pre-Law track at the illustrious Hampton University. I love to style outfits for people and discuss politics! I’m very excited to be apart of the Hampton U chapter of Her Campus this year, and I can’t wait to see everything we accomplish!