This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

In 2021, we received some great movies, a lot of them were hyped up and were worth the hype. We got some movies we’ve been anticipating like Spider-Man: No Way Home, Fast and Furious 9, Black Widow, Sing 2, and Don’t Breathe 2. It was a great way to bring the public back to the movies from a year like 2020, where no one was going to the movies and everyone was just watching things from home. In 2022, we have some great movies set to come out, definitely some movies that we have been anticipating for a very long time.

1. Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever: A lot of us have been waiting on this movie, honestly, since we watched the first Black Panther, which was great. But ever since the passing of Chadwick Boseman, the anticipation has grown even more. We are all anxious to see how Marvel will carry on his story with him gone now.
  2. Halloween Ends: They say this will be the last movie of the Halloween series. I know myself and others are hoping Laurie actually kills Michael in this movie. A lot of people were very disappointed when they didn’t see him die as the end result in Halloween Kills. I hope so because I feel as if this series has been dragged on for too long.
  3. Uncharted: This new and upcoming action movie stars Tom Holland featured as one of the main characters. I’m sure others are just excited to see him in another role that is not Spider-Man. This will help us figure out if he is a diverse actor or just a personality actor. It’ll be interesting for his fan base and for people who love him as Spider-Man.
  4. The Batman: There is a new Batman movie coming in 2022! The last Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, came out in 2012. It has been almost a full decade since the last Batman movie. I’m sure many people are excited to see who the villain will be, and what the storyline is. They have also revealed who will be playing the next Batman: Robert Pattinson. Pattinson’s acting became very known due to his amazing performances in the Twilight saga. I’m sure it will be interesting for his fans and the public to see him in a completely different role than what we’ve seen him in.
  5. Avatar 2: When the public was notified about the second Avatar movie coming out, they were ecstatic and it was all over social media. The last Avatar movie came out in 2009. It has been well over a decade since we have seen these blue creatures on the screen. So it will be interesting to see what the storyline is for the sequel, and who is starring in it.

Those were just a few highly anticipated movies that are set to come out. Trust me, there are many more to come from Marvel, D.C. Comics, Disney, and 20th Century Studios in 2022. They have a lot in store for the public this year, and I can’t wait to see all of them. What movie are you most excited to see this year? 

Hey, my name is Taliah Muhammad. I am a third year International Studies major on the Pre-Law track at the illustrious Hampton University. I love to style outfits for people and discuss politics! I’m very excited to be apart of the Hampton U chapter of Her Campus this year, and I can’t wait to see everything we accomplish!