Style > Beauty

How to Achieve the “I’m Cold” Look this Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This December has had freezing temperatures as winter arrives. Although the winter weather isn’t for everyone, the latest Tik Tok trend, “cold girl” or “I’m cold” makeup, certainly is. The seasonal movement is inspired by the winter days and frost, copied with blush pulled across the cheeks, shimmer at the inner corners of the eyes, and a glossy lip. The trend has been traveling around Tik Tok as there have been over millions of mentions under the hashtag #imcoldmakeup.

The makeup look focuses on amplifying your natural flush. To try out the look, start with hydration. Although the goal is to look cold, your skin shouldn’t be! I recommend prepping your skin with hydrating serums. After completing your skincare routine, go in with a matte foundation since the goal isn’t to be dewy. After concealer and sculpting to your liking, the next step is blush. The blush is the key to the whole look. To achieve a natural-looking flush, many Tik Tok users have been applying a pink cream blush on the apples of the cheeks and cheekbone and blending it upwards. If you feel like going all out, you can add blush to the nose and around the lips. I recommend the Rare Beauty Blushes. They have a cream formula and don’t leave the skin dry. These blushes almost melt in the skin. Many have been applying the Dior Backstage Rosy Glow Blush on top to seal, but if you’re on a budget, the Juvia’s Place Blushed Duo Vol. 4 works just as well.

The radiant portion of the trend of course comes from a highlighter. You can use any highlighter of your choice, or maybe even a glitter eyeshadow in a champagne or silver color, and dot them on the center of the nose, as well as the cheekbones. To complete the “I’m cold” look, finish with lip gloss. Most have been using a clear or pinky lip gloss, but I think a brown lip gloss looks just as good. This look is perfect for holiday parties or even if you just feel like trying a trend for fun.

If you need inspiration check out the following Tik Tok creators below. Happy Holidays! <3

Kamiel Beckley

Hampton U '23

Kamiel Beckley is a biochemistry major and leadership studies minor from Louisville, Kentucky. She attends the illustrious Hampton University. Kamiel enjoys traveling and creating. Her goal is to pursue biomedical research while also maintaining her love for writing and art.