Hampton Women Doing It Better: Gizelle Bryant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Hampton University alumni are known for moving on to high places in society upon graduation. One Hampton alum, is rising to stardom by making her reality television debut on Bravo’s newest original reality TV show The Real Housewives of Potomac.

Gizelle Bryant is one of the women featured on newest addition to the Real Housewives franchise, and she also is an alumna of Hampton University. While here at the REAL HU, Gizelle pledged the sorority of Alpha Kappa Alpha. An Instagram post shows Gizelle and her sorors proudly showing off their matching pink and green outfits, posing in various locations around the campus.

After graduating from Hampton, Gizelle began her career in government and philanthropy. She married pastor Jamal Bryant, and then settled in Baltimore, Maryland for seven years, where the couple had three daughters. However, her marriage came to a tragic end when her husband allegedly cheated on her impregnating a 17-year-old church member. Talk about a SCANDAL!

Despite the controversy surrounding her, Gizelle remains “Never one to stay down for too long” (BravoTV).  She continues to give back and serve society through her multiple philanthropy projects.  In addition to her charity work, she is also in the works of producing a new makeup line created specifically for women of color to meet their melanin enriched complexion.

According to BravoTV.com, Gizelle “decided it was time to move back to her old stomping grounds of Potomac for a fresh start with her three girls.” The show follows Gizelle beginning a new chapter in her life as a single mother on the lookout for a new man.

Gizelle is proof as to why Hampton Women do it better, and reminds viewers that it is never too late to start over.

Catch Gizelle and all the other housewives on The Real Housewives of Potomac with new episode premiering every Sunday 9/8 C only on Bravo.

Strategic Communications Major Marketing Minor from San Pedro, California
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.