Hampton Man Crush: Jared White

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s man crush is very creative, has a great eye, and loves to thrift. Ladies, meet Jared White! This third-year Computer Science major from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has his own business and loves a vision, read more to learn more about this cutie.

HC: What has been your favorite year at Hampton and why?

HMC: I really enjoyed sophomore year because I really got into photography and a met a lot of people.

HC: Speaking of photography, what is Xanderfotos?

HMC: Xanderfotos is the name of my photography business. My middle name is Alexander so that’s where “Xander” comes from. I wanted to show my creative vision and photograph HBCU students and people of color while showing them in a positive light. I am into more conceptual shoots that have symbolism and leave room for viewers to interpret the picture as they like.

HC: Describe a typical photo shoot.

HMC: My typical photo shoot is taken with my NIKON D 3200. I’m drawn towards shooting outside and locations around campus that don’t look like the average on campus scenery. I also do studio shoots with a backdrop, lighting, and music playing. For post editing, I use Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.

HC: Who do you shoot?

Really anyone. I do normal shoots, birthday shoots, or really whatever they want. Back in Philly, I collaborated with models who are trying to build their portfolios.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

HMC: In five years, I see myself with a degree in an entry-level job with computer science. I also see myself being a creative director doing brand development and graphic design for a small business. I would love to work for Adidas and create out of the box commercials for the company.

HC: What has been your favorite year at Hampton and why? Now to get juicy, what would you do if you walked in on your girlfriend cheating on you?

HMC: *laughing* Wow, I don’t know how I would feel honestly. I would be lost for words. That is a one and done situation especially If I walk in on you.

HC: What has been your favorite year at Hampton and why? Do you believe in sex on the first date?

HMC: I feel like you need to get to know that person a little better. You don’t get to know someone’s true self from the first date. I believe you need the gap in between to see what they are about so I would personally hold off.

HC:  Where is your ideal first date?

HMC: If we are spending time together, vibing and the chemistry is right, we could be anywhere.

HC:  Thinking of the recent Las Vegas shooting, what are your thoughts on gun control?

HMC: It’s a tricky situation. I believe people should be able to protect themselves but it is difficult to control guns not getting into the hands of terrorists or mentally ill. Still, gun control needs to happen.

HC: What do you look for in a girl and do you currently have a girl?

HMC: She must be smart, ambitious, chill, down to earth, and have a sense of humor. I am actually involved with someone. *blushes*

HC:  How do you feel about the rape culture on campus?

HMC: The rape culture on campus stems from masculinity issues. For some, it is hard to understand that you don’t have to be aggressive to get girls. It’s just all bad.

HC:   Lastly, describe your style.

HMC: Growing up, I was into Abercrombie and Hollister in attempts to try to fit in. Now I wear what feels comfortable to me. I am really into thrifting and vintage finds. especially in Philly. My go-to outfit is a pair of Adidas sweatpants with a jean jacket and Sperry’s.

There you have it ladies! Be sure to follow Jared’s photography page on Instagram @xander.foto and his graphic design page @xander.grafiks. Be blessed and have a great weekend!

HCXO  

creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.