Hampton Man Crush: Jared Bourke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Jared Bourke is definitely a catch. He has a chill personality with great looks to match. Jared is on the Biology Pre-Med track and plans to become the head of orthopedic surgery in a hospital one day. He’s from Clinton, Maryland, a city in Prince George’s County.

Jared is a total package! Not only does he look great, he has a great work ethic. He is all about having fun, but when it comes to his success he doesn’t play any games. Jared is the Chair of Academic Affairs for Hampton University’s Student Government Association (SGA).  He is also a part of the Student Recruitment Team and works on biological research.  

Jared was very fortunate growing up, so he feels that it is his duty to give back to others. Currently, he is the vice president of Brother to Brother, an organization that reaches out to young men in the Hampton Roads area. The program includes tutor and mentoring services along with providing young boys with a big brother to look up to.

Q & A

HC: What is something that you enjoy doing back home?

JB: I like working out and going to the gym to play basketball. It may seem weird, but I enjoy going on walks by myself. I also love listening to music of any genre.  

HC: What’s something that people would never know about you?

JB: I am a very caring person, and I get emotionally invested in a lot of things. There is a soft side inside that most people wouldn’t get to see.

HC: What color would describe your personality?

JB: Violet because it’s a very potent color, but it’s also very mysterious and makes you think. There are a lot of things that people know about me, and there are a lot of things that people don’t know. I feel like the color violet describes that.

HC: Who’s your favorite artist?

JB: I have an old soul. I love Anita Baker.  I love Kendrick and Wale especially because he’s from my hometown.

HC: What is your ideal relationship?

I’m not a high maintenance kind of person, but as long as I know you’re rocking for me-I’m rocking for you. A rider.

HC: What’s the first thing that you notice about a girl?

JB: Her smile.

HC: Describe your personality?

JB: I’m an introvert at heart, but I’m not afraid to speak my mind. I’m a very chill person that’s the word that sums me up.

HC: Biggest turn off?

JB: I don’t like a girl who depends on everyone else for the smallest problems in life. I prefer a girl who is independent and is a go-getter in life.

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

JB: I like trying to make raps.

HC: What words do you live by?

JB: What doesn’t kill you makes your stronger.

Ladies, is Jared your Man Crush?

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!" 
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.