Fabulous Freshman: Shayna Usher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This weeks fab freshman is representing for the north side *puts up sign* coming all the way from Long Island, New York Shayna Cecilia Usher is truly glo girl of year. She’s a pre-nursing major eventually wanting to become a nurse anesthetist, and has done some pretty awesome things like zip lining in Haiti, keep reading to find out more about her.

HC: What’s your Favorite place to shop ?

FF: “My favorite place to shops even though it might be basic is probably forever 21, even though it might be basic when you’re a college student you gotta be cute but you gotta be cute on a budget “

HC: What’s your favorite hobbie ?

FF: Definitely writing, I have a whole book online at wattpad, it’s called Stepping Stones it’s like a coming of age novel, and it’s on going. Link to her book

HC: Did you enjoy your first homecoming ?

FF: I would definitely say if I could do it one more time I would do a lot of things differently, but I had a lot of fun and it definitely validated why I came here the vibes, I love it.

HC: If you could change one thing on campus what would it be ?

FF: There a couple of things but for sure the caf food, I wish it was so much better *cringing* ugh I hate the caf.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents ?

FF: I was big tennis player back in New York I was the captain of my tennis team and I started playing tennis when I was 7 years old.

HC: How would you describe your style ?

FF: It honestly depends on how I wake up in the morning. If I have an 8am it’s sweats and a tshirt and my hat, if I don’t wanna do my hair. But if there’s a day I feel like getting all cute I’mma get all dressed up but it’s definitely comfort and budget.

HC: What made you go natural ? What’s your holy grail product and go to style ?

FF: I was always natural but I had major heat damage , because I use to be into straightening it all the time, but I definitely wanted to love my hair and be more confident with who I am and I love my curls now but it was a growing thing. My go to style used to be a twist and curl with flexi rods, but that was when my hair was heat damaged but I got my heat damage cut off   recently, so now this whole wash and go thing works and I use Aussie conditioner and it’s crazy how can I use only one product and my hair come out ok.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go ?

FF: That’s really hard but I would definitely have to say Fiji, I have to go there before I die and I think I wanna go there for my honeymoon.

HC: Best advice you’ve ever received, and who was it from?

FF: I would definitely say it’s not everyone comes into your life to stay, but to teach you a lesson in the moment, it’s not always how long there in your life but they can teach you and you know you shouldn’t get disappointed when people leave it’s sometimes for the best. It came from my senior english teacher Mrs.Chan.

I am my ancestors wildest dreams