Fabulous Freshman: Rose Nguyen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s fabulous freshman is Rose Nguyen, a freshman Electrical Engineering major from Buffalo, New York. She is in NSBE which is the National Society of Black Engineers and IEEE which is a club for electrical engineers. When Rose has downtime she likes to catch up on sleep and read interesting articles.

HC: Would you rather go to a club, house party, or kickback?

RN: A Kickback because I feel like you can get to know people more.

HC: Miguel vs Trey Songz

RN: Miguel

HC: Favorite TV show?

RN: Law & Order SVU

HC: Beyoncé vs Rihanna

RN: Rihanna

HC: What is a habit you hope to grow out of?

RN: I hope to grow out of my procrastination stage because that holds me down a lot and adds a lot more pressure to my life. However, I have started to work on it, I try to stick to my schedule and go to sleep before midnight.

HC: What is the healthiest/unhealthiest thing you do?

RN: The healthiest thing I do is drink water. I love water so much that, for my birthday my friends just bought me a 30 oz. tumbler and I refill that four times a day. An unhealthy thing I do is eat junk food before I go to bed.

HC: What is the most embarrassing thing you own?

RN: I like to collect keychains, I have about 20, so whenever someone sees my collection they love to make fun of me. My first keychain was from Nashville and my favorite keychain has to be from Chicago.

HC: Describe your personality?

RN: I would say that I am a chill and laid back person. I am very nonchalant and I try not to stress about anything, so when my friends come to me with drama I try to not think about it. At the end of the day drama always weighs you down and you do not need that negativity in your life.

HC: What’s your favorite vacation memory?

RN: I am stuck between my trip to Texas and my trip to Jamaica this summer. I went to Texas to visit my family and we went to this outdoor adventure park which was awesome because I have always wanted to do something like that. Then my trip Jamaica was just amazing because my boyfriend’s family invited me to go as a graduation present. Everything there was so great the water was extremely clear and the sand was so soft and I learned how to negotiate with vendors.

HC: What impressions do you try to give off when you first meet someone?

RN:  I try to give off the vibe that I am a cool person. Which doesn’t really work because a lot of people actually do not want to be my friend.

HC: What brings you the most joy in life?

RN: Making my dad proud brings me the most joy. When I was growing up he was never really the one to be affectionate, so each time I achieved stuff it’s like he always wanted more.

HC: What or who would you sacrifice your life for?

RN: I would sacrifice my life for my family. They are all really supportive of me and any decisions I make in life. Whether that decision is bad or good I know they will always have my back.

HC: What was one of the best days of your life?

RN: The best day of my life was when I got my first job ever. I was extremely happy because my dad said any money I received I could keep for myself. And I felt like I achieved so much because I got the job all on my own.

You can follow Rose on Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram @rosieyynguyen!

Raven Reaves-Jackson is currently a sophomore Journalism Major, Marketing Minor student at Hampton University. She is entertaining, thoughtful, adventuresome and has great aspirations of being an on-air talent. Raven enjoys reading and listening to podcasts on her downtime. In life, she aims to always have the best support for her family and peers. Raven believes that all good things take time and has big aspirations of starting her own non-profit organization in the future. 
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.