Conflict Resolution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Butting heads with people around us including friends, family, and between signigicant others is something that happens very often. Depending on the situation depends on the damage done during the argument between two people. Compromising or coming to a decision about the issue at hand can be hard but it is not impossible. Below are a few tips to help resolve and recent conflict you are in you life.

1. Get Some Space

Taking a break from a heated moment can help everyone see clearly about a situation. During your break time listen to music or due something you love to assist with lowering your temper. After you’ve taken some time, reconvene with the person and try to a resolution.

2. Write Things Down

Writing how you feel and your point a few about an argument can be great for organizing thoughts. By have thought written down you have a script for the things that you want to get across without managing to go off topic or increasing the conflict at hand.

3. Outside Help

Have a person who is none bias to an argument or disagreement come and hear each side of the story. Sometimes having an outside person intervene can help each person see the other side more clearly.

Overall, everyone hates conflict. They’re awkward and frankly not fun. By having an open mind solving conflict can be easier said than done.