Campus Cutie: Charis Conard '17

Name: Charis ConardMajor: BiologyHometown: Long Beach, California

1. what made you choose Hampton U?

- My family encouraged me to attend an HBCU and when I went to Hampton's high school day during my senior year, I fell in love with the school. I loved the environment and I was very fascinated with their biology program.

2. what do you plan to do with your major?

- After I graduate and receive my Bachelors Degree in Science, I plan to attend a graduate school to study veterinary medicine and earn my DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine).

3. what is something people wouldn't immediately know about you?- I actually love to sing and I used to be in choir during high school, but I never got the courage to start singing in public again.

4. what is something you do for fun?
- I love hanging with my girls. Whether its eating, singing, dancing, exercising, going out, I always have a good time with them.

5. what's your favorite thing in your closet right now?- Now that it is spring, I love wearing my T-shirt dress. Its a quick outfit to put on and easy to accessorize with.
6. what are you most looking forward to about the summer?- I'm looking forward to being productive and enjoying the weather. 

7. single, crushing, or taken??
- I'm as single as a dollar bill lol

8. what's your number 1 pet peeve that guys do?- I can't stand when a guy is dishonest with me.

9. what would a guy have to do to get your attention?- Well first, he would have to approach me and once we start having a conversation, he has to make eye contact and pay attention to what I have to say. I appreciate someone who is a great listener. A great smile also catches my eye :)

10. what's one song that you listen to at least twice a day?- A couple of weeks ago one of my friends put me on to Torey Lanez's- Juvenile Freestyle and I have been listening to it ever since.

11. where do you see yourself in 6 years?
- I see myself working at a veterinary clinic where I will be referred to as Dr. Conard.