Campus Celebrity: Giovonni Gifft

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Giovonni Gifft is a Health and Physical Education major from Las Vegas, NV. Gifft is a familiar face around campus to many. He is often seen as a “cool, laid back” guy to his peers and is focused on enjoying life. Although he may come off quiet, once you get to know him he tends to always be the life of any party.

Giovonni has a passion for helping others on a large scale. He is apart of the American Red Cross organization on campus and actively participates in the blood drives they host year round. Whether it be handing out snacks to donors or donating blood he is always there willing to be a service to others. “ I’ve always felt that giving back is something people need in the world. Everyone should want to give back in order to better the world.”

If he is not helping with a blood drive then you can find Giovonni volunteering with many of the local schools in the Hampton Roads community. He specifically volunteers and shadow health and physical education classes since it correlates with his major. “Health is very important to a child’s education. Health is a way of life, to how a child is born to dealing with the grievances of death. It is important the kids learn these things so that they’’ll be knowledgeable later on in life.”

Giovonni Gifft plans on pursuing a Master’s degree in Health Administration following graduating Hampton University.  He hopes to be studying either at Cornell University or Columbia University. Regardless, he wants his field of work to help many people in the future.