This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

When you feel your best, you perform your best, which is very important as a college student building your career. The college experience is very fun and exciting, however, it is very draining. I can say that it has taken a toll on not only my physical health but my mental health as well. This should not scare you because a company called, “Golden Child” has created products specifically catered to wellness. It is important to be the best version of ourselves. 

Take Your Vitamins, You need that Energy!

Before, I used to feel extremely tired all the time and never had enough energy. I often had trouble staying up and alert throughout the day. Chemistry and Biology lectures about stoichiometry, ecology, and a bunch of other terms put me to sleep. Vitamin B-12, which is a product featured on the “Golden Child Wellness” website, offers an energy boost. Their website also features Vitamin C drops which I like to take during the cold seasons and around homecoming to prevent me from getting sick. 

OMG FRESHMAN 15!

As a freshman in college, I have gained the “Freshman Fifteen.” However, I have been putting in the work to lose it. I have incorporated workout days into my schedule and have watched my diet a little more. I read a quote that said, “Losing weight is HARD, Being fat is HARD, Working out is HARD, Being lazy is HARD, Everything is freaking HARD, Choose your hard.” This really taught me that me that using school as an excuse to lay around and eat whatever did not help my performance. Incorporating little workouts and eating just a little better than usual, I have been able to sleep better, be more productive during the day, and my general performance is better overall. Golden Child Wellness has products such as Pre-Workout which I personally have not ever tried but I know that it gives your body a kick of energy, helping you last longer during intense workout sessions.  

While in school, I know it is easy to put your studies before your health. But as a strong advocate for mental health and your favorite motivational blogger, I consider it my duty to remind you: “be worried about how mentally attractive you are as much as physically” – Deja’s Daily Dose. Also, remember that in order for you to produce the best quality work, you have to be the best version of yourself!

Deja Dodson

Hampton U '23

Member of Her Campus Hampton U Chapter. I am a freshman Psychology major currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. Subscribe to my youtube channel: Deja D, and check out my personal self love and motivational blog on Instagram: @Dejadailydose.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!