To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before: Could There Be A Sequel?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

After falling in love with Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky’s love story, we immediately prayed for a sequel. Let’s not forget we absolutely need to see more of Laura Jeans’s impeccable style, and hear Peter Kavinsky say, “woah, woah,woah” a few more times. Since then, fans have been raging for a sequel on social media and there is no surprise that there have been rumors that a sequel is in the works with Netflix.

A new report from The Hollywood Reporter explains how Paramount Pictures is teaming up with Netflix to produce a new wave of movies. The first movie being discussed is a To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before sequel. Even though this isn’t set in stone, we’re going to speak this into existence and hope it happens.

Before we get into what to expect in the sequel, let’s do a quick recap. In the movie, Lara Jean writes five letters to boys she’s loved before. Lara Jean’s little sister finds out about the letters and mails them out. Josh, Lucas and Peter receive their letters. Her letter to Kenny from camp is sent back to her being she wrote the camp address on the letter and we still don’t know if John from the Model UN received his letter just yet. Lucas tells Lara that he’s gay, Lara runs away from Josh, and she lets Peter know that she doesn’t have any feelings for him. Peter comes up with the idea that they should fake date and the rest is history.

So, what should we expect ?

1. The title of the movie will definitely be P.S I Still Love You, which is the name of the second book in the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy.

2. All of our favorite characters are most definitely coming back! Margot and Kitty Covey, Peter Kavinsky, Josh Sanderson, Christine, and even Genevieve.

3. The storyline gets juicy!!!

4. During the mid credits scene, we know that John Ambrose McClaren from the Model UN arrives at Lara Jean’s house with his letter and flowers. It’s obvious he becomes a new love interest for Lara Jean!

5. Lastly, Genevieve is still here causing problems between Peter and Lara Jean giving fans the chance to speculate what could possibly happen between the two.

All in all, fans are completely excited to see what comes next and so am I!!

Willow Jones

Hampton U '21

Willow is a Criminal Justice major from Harlem, New York. Willow has hopes of becoming a criminal defense attorney. In her spare time, she loves writing and hopes to merge law and writing together in the future.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com