This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed that my skin changes a lot with the seasons. I would try to keep up with the same routine throughout the year, but I noticed it wasn’t always beneficial. I’ve always had a specific skincare routine, but during the pandemic, I decided to do more research regarding skincare.

I learned about what products were beneficial for my skin and what ways to use them. Since following these routines, I have found that my skin has improved tremendously! During the winter, I try to maintain a routine that focuses a lot on moisturizing and hydration. So, here’s my favorite skincare routine for the winter!

My Daytime Routine

In the morning, I like to wash my face with a gentle cleanser. I usually use the Origins Checks and Balances cleanser. I really like that this cleanser can wash away any impurities and doesn’t irritate my skin. I occasionally will use the Fenty Skin Total Cleans’r Makeup Remover.

After this, I let my face dry for a bit before applying my toner and serum. I enjoy using the Fenty Skin Fat Water Toner & Serum. This serum has niacinamide which is known for improving the skin barrier and texture. I sometimes may add The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% treatment.

After this, I like to apply a moisturizer. I usually apply the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer with Hyaluronic acid. I found that this moisturizer keeps my skin moisturized and smooth throughout the day. Since it’s getting cooler outside, I like to add a few drops of Jojoba oil to my moisturizer.

This ensures that my skin will stay moisturized despite the harsh winter weather. Whether or not I wear makeup on that day, I always like to top off my skincare routine with an SPF powder. I like to use the Supergoop! Mineral Setting Powder. I usually take this with me so I can reapply it throughout the day.

I also like to carry lip balm When it comes to my body, I typically like to use a lotion with Vitamin E or shea butter. With this, I can prevent dryness. Additionally, I like to drink water and stay hydrated throughout the day as this helps prevent dryness. This routine can sometimes vary, but I have found this to be most beneficial!

My Nighttime Routine

My bedtime routine can vary throughout the week, but it pretty much remains the same. I start by double cleansing my face. First, I’ll use an oil-based cleanser to remove any makeup or products on my face. For this, I use the Origins Gentle Cleansing Oil.

After this, I will wash my face with my regular cleanser. Once a week, I’ll use an exfoliant to get rid of any dry skin or peeling. When finished, I apply my skin medication Tretinoin. After this I like to apply a thicker night cream, my favorite is the Origins Night-A-Mins cream. On some nights when I’m not using my skin medication, I use an overnight face mask cream.

When it comes to your health, skincare is very important! While following your routine, it’s important to remember to stay hydrated through drinking water and using the right products. I recommend looking for products that are emollients as they keep your skin hydrated and smooth. Do your research or ask a dermatologist what’s best for you.

Madison Davis is a senior, Psychology major, Communications minor from Memphis, TN. She enjoys traveling, cooking, and playing with her dogs, Pyper and Jamocha! She's honored to share her experiences through her writing with the HerCampus community. Feel free to visit her Instagram page @maddyecamille!