10 Ways To End Your Semester With A BANG!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

So you had an awesome Spring Break, now what? You probably just had the time of your life with your friends. Beach, parties, drinks, bikinis, boys, parties, Netflix, shopping! Whether you completed everything on you spring break bucket list or sat on your couch the entire week; its time to get back to the real world. You know, where we have to actually get up and do stuff? Unfortunately, its time to go back to school guys! Depending on how hard you partied last week, this may be a challenge. But here are 10 ways to get back on track and end this semester with a bang!

1. Create an agenda 

Homework is the last thing we think of while on vacation. To get back on track with schoolwork, take a look at what was on your agenda before you left. Make a new list of everything that you may have missed and upcoming events that you need to be aware of. 

2. Organize your space

Let’s face it, most of the time our rooms are a mess when we return from traveling.  Once you unpack make sure you clean up and organize. You can’t have a clear mind with a messy environment. 

3. Detox your body 

No one pays attention to what they’re eating while on vacation; especially college students on spring break. Now that you’re back into your own environment, eat clean and drink lots of water to clean all of the toxins out of your body. All that junk food and alcohol from Miami will definitely have you feeling sluggish in your 8 AM’s. 

4. Workout 

Find your drinking partner and hit the gym! Even if you don’t work our regularly, step out of your comfort zone and step into the gym this week. Working out will energize and rejuvenate your mind and body after a long week of putting junk into your body. 

5. Take a party break

Now that you’ve just partied your life away, or at least had the opportunity to, stay in the next few weekends. Take this time to catch up on work and get a head so that you wont be stressed these upcoming weeks. Use this time to be proactive and get stuff done!

[pagebreak]

6. Set Goals

It’s never too late to write down your goals. Sit down and think about what want to accomplish this semester and summer. Figure out how you’re going to make your grades as best as possible. Make sure you’re on top of internship applications. Be realistic and ambitious. Remember why you are in school and where you want to be after. 

7. Create a budget 

Let’s be real, nobody pay attention to how much they’re spending while having a good time. Now that you’re back on campus, make sure you are spending wisely. Create a budget so that you can have fun without ending up broke.  Determine how much you can afford to spend for your necessities and indulgences. You don’t want to spend so aimlessly that you end up with no money for going out with friends or parties.

8. Have “Me Time”

You’ve spent enough time with your friends! Spend some time focusing on yourself and getting your mind together.  Do what you do. Whether it is yoga, working out, reading, or absolutely nothing, spend some time alone. Use this opportunity to relax and center your mind. It’s a great time to come down from the wild week you had before and reboot for the busy ones to come. 

9. Sleep

You have to sleep! You know you want to. Your body and your mind need it to recover. It’s going to be hard, but it is important to get back on a sleep schedule. After all of the excitement you had during spring break and all of the work you are about to get, you must find time to sleep. Besides, you have nothing but homework and test coming your way, so why not catch up on some Z’s while you can.

10. Enjoy the rest of your semester!

You only experience each of your college years once. So live it up! Make the most of your semester. Each year holds wonderful experiences. It’s your job to make them as enjoyable as possible. Always be present and live in the moment. Study hard and party harder. Stay focused so that you can end with the grades you want and are able to have the summer of your dreams. 

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.