10 Things To Remember During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

1. Take a deep breath

For all those students with 5 or 6 finals, it’s best to remain calm, cool and collected. It can be very easy to scare yourself over a final, especially if you have more than enough to study for. Always make sure to take a deep breath and focus on getting through the week stress free.

2. Prepare in advance

Get those notes, textbook pages and old tests together for every single class so that you can prepare in advance. This will allow you to not only be ahead of the game but it’ll give you time to find all the notes that might be tucked behind a lamp in your room or shoved in a place you would have never expect.

3. Make a schedule

If you do have a busy week of finals, it’s best to make a schedule that not only has when and where the finals will be but what times you want to study and how long for. This will keep you organized and prepared at all times.

4. Team up with your class

Team work truly does make the dream work. There are chats and groupme’s for particular classes so that students can help one another throughout the semester. Use that for your finals and possibly study with some people who you know wants a good grade in the class just as much as you.

[pagebreak]

5. Always ask questions

Before final week begins always make sure to ask your professor how the final will be set up and how should you prepare. No one will know the test better than your own professor.

6. Use your sources

Sometimes knowing people who took the class in the past is great. If you know someone who already took the final, contact them and they might just have old material that could easily help you for the final.

7. Rack up on snacks and energy drinks

Finals week can be very long and result in very long nights.  Always having snacks and energy drinks may help you stay up an extra hour a two and can easily change the B you were going to get into an A.

8. Remain positive

Never doubt yourself! Being negative can be easy during finals week but uplifting yourself and remaining positive will help the week go by faster and make the finals seem easier.

9. Know when to stop

Over studying is a NO-NO! If you feel like you are prepared, don’t force yourself to stay up longer and study more. Getting rest before a final is just as important as studying.

10.  Look into the future

Always remember there is a finish line! No matter how many finals you have, a week goes by faster than a blink of an eye so no matter how tough studying can be remember it will end soon!