20 Motivational Quotes to Get Your Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

We’re finally here! It’s May and classes are coming to an end. The only thing between you and a summer filled with fun and sun is final exams. If the semester has left you feeling worn out, here are some inspirational quotes to help motivate you through these last few days.

1. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

2. “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London

3. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore

4. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

5. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin

6. “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” – Woodrow Wilson

7. “You are never required to do more than you can do in peace. Right now, take a breath, return to peace, and never leave.” – Martha Beck

8. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart

9. “How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank

10. “Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.” – John Dewey

11. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore (J.K. Rowling), The Chamber of Secrets

12. “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.” -Robert Schuller

13. “Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” – Unknown

14. “For every minute you are angry you lose 60 seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

15.  “Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.” – Cicely Tyson

16. “If you are feeling low or trampled, unappreciated or forgotten and you are reading this, realize it is an illusion. The hope is real, you are valued, and what lies ahead is brilliance.” -Tom Althouse

17. “A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.” – Serena Williams

18. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost

19. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott

20. “So far you’ve survived 100 percent of your worst days. You’re doing great.” – Unknown

You can do it! I believe in you.

I study Criminal Justice at Hamline University, with minors in Forensic Science and Creative Writing.
Skyler Kane

Hamline '20

Creative Writing Major, Campus Coordinator for Her Campus, and former Editor and Chief for Fulcrum Journal at Hamline University