This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

We would have done coke to write this review, but given Hannah’s experience we decided against it.  On the Janurary 27th of GIRLS Hannah’s roomie and gay ex-boyfriend, Elijah, opted to experiment with cocaine as recommended by Hannah’s new boss.  In the midst of his high and snorting cocaine off a grimy club toilet seat, Elijah revealed that he had sex with Marnie, Hannah’s best friend.  Marnie and Elijah had vowed to keep this a secret (although the sex was for about 10 seconds or as Elijah claims “only a few pumps”).  However, it was only a matter of time before “Marnlijah’s” little secret surfaced.  Since the few pumps with Marnie, Elijah has been questioning his sexuality while Hannah has been questioning her friendship with Marnie.  While Elijah and Hannah were raging, fist pumping, and trading shirts with random men, Marnie was having a little fun of her own.  She was at Booth Jonathan’s pad admiring his “art” and fucking him in “starfish position.”  We thought the whole scenario was absurd (especially when he trapped her in his weird “masterpiece”), but Marnie felt otherwise.  Quite a step down from Charlie!  Marnie and Booth’s romantic aquatic-inspired evening was interrupted by the new coke heads, Hannah, Ellijah, and new ex-junkie friend Laird.  Still distraught, Hannah accuses Marnie of being a bad friend and proclaims that Elijah can no longer live with her.  The episode ends with Hannah aggressively making out with Laird and telling him its “only for her job”; classic Hannah. 

Our biggest problem with this episode: WHERE WAS SHOSH?????? We don’t care if she having sex with Ray, she was our friend first and we need to see how truly AMAZING she is doing.  Also where in the world are Jessa’s adorable puppies Hannukah, Garbage, and we don’t remember the third, but it was cute.  Hopefully next week’s episode will have more Shoshana and more puppies (we guess Jessa is okay too…

Be sure to watch Girls every Sunday night on HBO!

Emily Malter is a sophomore at Hamilton College majoring in Sociology and World Politics. Emily is from Westchester, New York.
Talia Levine is a sophomore at Hamilton College. She is from Long Island, New York but recently moved to Brooklyn. Talia is a hispanic studies major and anticipates going abroad to Madrid next spring.
-