Tara Huggins ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Tara Huggins

Major: Communication

Class Year: 2014

Hometown: Clinton, NY 

What are you involved with on campus?

I am C@B co-chair, a Student Assembly representative,on the curling team, a Senior Intern in the Admissions Office, an Orientation Leader, and a Sadove student worker. 

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I’m going to cheat and go with breakfast foods: pancakes, waffles, bacon, french toast, over-easy eggs and bagels. With cranberry juice for a drink. 

Describe your ideal date.

We’d go out to dinner at a nice but not too nice place, we’d get a drink at a sports bar and then go to an NHL game. Something fun and creative. 

What is your favorite thing about being a Senior Intern in the Admissions Office?

I love being able to shape the class of 2018 and know that I have the ability to leave a legacy on the college. I love talking about Hamilton, there’s nothing better than getting paid to do what I love! 

Ice cream or cake?

Neither, cookies. I really like cookies but I’m very particular about the kind. None of those cookies from the dining halls or the grocery store! Homemade Nestle Chocolate Chip cookies are my favorite. 

What is your spirit animal? 

My spirit animal is a micropig, its small and adorable but super loud and loves being the center of attention.  

If you were a building on campus, which one would you be and why?

Sadove, its the center of campus and always has different things going on. I also spend almost all my time there, so it seems to make sense. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to the entire freshmen class when first entering Hamilton?

Take advantage of every opportunity, sit with new people in commons, be open to new ideas and always look on the bright side. College is only 4 years, enjoy every second. 

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.
-