By: Olivia Box
Mid-terms have passed, yet the exams and papers keep coming. Not to mention that the weather is getting colder and making that 8:00 AM lecture seem a whole lot less appealing. Yet, this time of year is perfect for exploring new flavors of tea and adding something new to your routine.
5 Teas to get you through the week:
1. Trader Joe’s Chai Tea Latte: Comes in a tin that lets you choose how sweet you want your latte to be (which can be dangerous!). It’s got a necessary kick of caffeine with the warmth that will get you out of bed on a chilly morning.
2. Sweet and Spicy from Good Earth: You’ve got to love those teas that come with an inspirational quote attached to each bag. When you’re feeling in the mood for a sharp spice mixed with an undertone of sweetness, this tea is perfect. A great way to beat the mid-afternoon slump and energize you for the rest of the day. It’s a black tea base with orange peel and lemon that give it the signature zing.
3. Celestial Seasoning’s Chamomile tea: A caffeine-free tea that is a perfect end to a long night. (Don’t drink it before a lot of work-it’ll put your right to sleep!) What makes this tea so special is the slight hint of apple that adds a natural sweetness and enhances the overall clean feeling. It’s a warm aroma, and the perfect drink for the end of fall. http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal-teas/chamomile
4. David’s Tea: As fall wraps up and winter begins, it’s prime cold and flu season. Beat the fatigue with David’s cold blends. There’s a number of different options ranging from softer teas such as the Mother’s Little Helper herbal blend to the strong Cold Zing. While a bit on the pricey side, most blends are also organic, and David’s tea makes a strong effort to support organic and fair trade production.
5. Celestial Tea’s Fruit Tea Sampler: Summer’s a long ways away, but this fruit sampler brings the back the berries for a pleasantly strong sensation. Each box contains 8 different flavors sure to satisfy your cravings. Each tea is naturally caffeine free and all-natural.
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal-teas/fruit-tea-samplerTeas are highly regarded for their natural health properties. Most teas contain antioxidants which can protect against cancer. Teas are also a great way to hydrate, as well as help increase exercise endurance. Who says coffee is a college girl’s best friend?http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/04/13-reasons-to-love-tea/