The New Fashion Accessory Every Girl NEEDS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

If you have ever worn a belt, keep reading…

Last week, I was getting ready for a night out with a friend and put on one of my favorite belts as the last touch to what I thought would be the perfect outfit. The dress, the shoes, the jewelry – all good – but when I put on my belt, it was way too long, looking more like a soggy, fettuccine noodle than anything. I felt defeated – my hopes for the perfect outfit were dashed; then, my friend turned to me and said, “You need a Tuck.” I had no idea what she was talking about – a Tuck? As in the thing boys do to hide their boners? No, that wasn’t it. Now that I know what a Tuck actually is though, I am obsessed and feel the need to pass on the wisdom to all. 

Created by self-proclaimed “Mother Tucker” Remy Kassimir, The Tuck is a fashionable accessory that acts as an extra belt loop to hold in that disgusting belt flop, saving cute outfits everywhere. The Tuck isn’t just a “fix-it” product though, it’s actually adorable and comes in three different sizes (all expandable and real leather) and different colors (black, brown, silver, gold, and customizable ones) so that you can mix and match not just with your belt, but your accessories too. Because let’s be honest, our fashion tape doesn’t hold well, and realistically are any of us actually going to get up and get our belts shortened? I doubt it. Not to mention if I gain my winter hibernation weight, then I can’t wear the belt again. This is why I (we) need The Tuck to exist.

As of now, The Tuck has been on Kickstarter for two weeks and has raised half of its funding, but it can’t actually be produced until it reaches $30,000 to purchase the first order. As a constant victim of belt floppage, I obviously donated because I need this thing to exist.

Personally, I had never been on Kickstarter before, but here is what you need to know: depending on how much you donate, you get increasingly awesome gifts (from Tucks to totes to a visit to their NYC factory). If the project doesn’t reach the $30,000 by the deadline, you get ALL of your money back. Essentially, there is zero risk, just reward (not to mention the campaign video is hilarious if you simply want a good laugh).

So ladies, let’s save our outfits, our fashion tape, and essentially – let’s go Tuck ourselves. Click the link below if you give a Tuck (I really can’t help myself, the pun is too good).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thetuck/the-tucktm-stop-the-flop-on-your-belt