Nejla Asimovic ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Nejla Asimovic 

Class Year: 2016

Major: World Politics (with a minor in Math)

Nationality: Bosnian

What activities are you involved in on campus?

Model EU, Tropical Sol, Ballroom Club, International Students Association, and I host a radio-show on WHCL. 

What is one “first thing” you did at Hamilton?

Ran barefoot in the pouring rain with few of my friends.

If you could live in any time period which one would you choose?

Although there is something very compelling for me about life in 18th century England (blame it on Jane Austen :), I would still decide to live in the present time.

Favorite accessorize?

Bracelets. Lots of them.

What is the first thing you notice in a guy?

His smile. 

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Well, my friends would say that picking a college so far from home was pretty crazy, and I guess I agree with them.

What is an interesting fact or story about your country/hometown?

Bosnian people are famous for its hospitality, and Bosnia and Herzegovina is 8th on the list of friendliest countries for tourists by the World Economic Forum 2013 report. My hometown in particular, Sarajevo, is called the Jerusalem of Europe, because one can find a Synagogue, Mosque, Catholic and Orthodox church all within a few blocks.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

Bradley Cooper! 

Which song lyrics would you pick as your life’s motto?

“I gave my all, did my best

Brought someone some happiness

Left this world a little better just because

I was here.

I lived, I loved

I was here.”    (From “I Was Here” by Beyonce)

Tell us (write us) something in your native language! And add a translation: 

Bosnian language: Svijetu su potrebni ljudi s pesimizmom intelekta i optimizom volje.  

English translation: The world needs people with pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will. 

Hristina is a sophomore at Hamilton College. She works for the Bulgarian popular science magazine "Spisanie 8" translating articles from Bulgarian to English. She loves travelling, cooking and reading books. Her interests vary from sports and theatre to politics and technology.
-