IMF’s Eli Davidow and Michael Kendall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Meet the Independent Music Fund organization leaders, Eli Davidow and Michael Kendall!

Class Years:
Eli: 2015
Michael: 2014

Hometowns:
Eli: Newton, MA
Michael: Martha’s Vineyard

Majors:
Eli: Sociology
Michael: Sociology

What activities are you guys involved in on campus?
Eli
: Co-chair of IMF, WHCL executive board, OPUS employee
Michael: Co-chair of IMF, Treasurer of Delta Chi, Treasurer of Student Assembly, Bowling club vice president, Fall 2011 IM football champion, Divestment activist

What sparked your initial interest in IMF and how did you get involved in IMF?
Eli
: I started out trying to help out with shows my freshman year and lifting equipment around. I’ve always been interested in music and wanted to get involved in booking shows.
Michael: I got involved by bugging Ian Wayne (he’s from Oregon).

What does your role as co-chairs of IMF entail?
Eli
: We do a lot of emailing. We have to reach out to agents via email to see if cool acts are available to perform on certain dates when we have venues booked. I think we’ve done a good job at utilizing a lot of different venues on campus. We had a Jeff Magnum show last year in the Chapel and it was a legendary show in Hamilton’s history.
Michael: Bugging agents and sending a lot of emails.

How were you able to get Sky Ferreira to come to Hamilton?
Eli
: It was certainly a bit of luck. We needed someone who was available this date and she was on tour promoting her latest album. She started touring the Northeast and the day we had reserved fit in well with her touring schedule so it just worked out marvelously. She’s on a major label and she’s received a lot of hype from a lot of major sources so we’re really happy that this has worked out.

What are your expectations for the Sky Ferreira concert?
A packed house!

Does IMF have anything else planned for the semester?
Eli
: We have another space reserved and we don’t want to let people down. No promises, but we might have something closed pretty soon and we will release that information once we have that officially booked.
Michael: You just never know but we are optimistic to have another performance this semester. 

Emily Malter is a sophomore at Hamilton College majoring in Sociology and World Politics. Emily is from Westchester, New York.